Leadership Asheville, a program of UNC Asheville, will host its 2020 Winter Buzz Breakfast series with the theme, “How Resilient Are We as a Community?”
The breakfasts on Jan. 28, Feb. 18 and March 25 at the Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville are open to the public and provide a chance to network with a broad array of community leaders, including Leadership Asheville alumni, and hear thoughtful panel discussions. The moderator will be Jim Fox, director of UNC Asheville’s National Environmental Modeling and Analysis Center (NEMAC).
The breakfasts will begin at 8 a.m. and the programs begin at 8:30 a.m. in the Expo Center of the Crowne Plaza, 1 Resort Dr., Asheville. Tickets are $25; $60 for the series, available online only at leadershipasheville.unca.edu. Table sponsorships are available for $1,000 for the entire series, or $350 per breakfast. Tables seat eight people.
Panelists for the Winter Buzz Breakfast Series
Tuesday, Jan. 28 – Climate Resilience
- Deke Arndt – Chief, Climate Monitoring Branch, NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information
- Jeremiah LeRoy – Sustainability Officer, Buncombe County
- Amber Weaver – Sustainability Officer, City of Asheville
Tuesday, Feb. 18 – Social Resilience
- Quentin Miller – Sheriff, Buncombe County
- Jan Shepard – Director, Buncombe County Health and Human Services
- Brian Myers – Chief Strategy Officer, Dogwood Health Trust
Wednesday, March 25 – Economic Resilience
- Cathy Ball – Assistant City Manager, City of Asheville
- Scott Dedman – Executive Director, Mountain Housing Opportunities (MHO)
- David Nash – Executive Director, Asheville Housing Authority
- Crystal Reid – Chair, Resident Advisory Committee
For Buzz Breakfast details and more information visit leadershipasheville.unca.edu.