Farmers tailgate markets are open for the season. In addition to produce, vendors sell meats, cheese, eggs, bread and prepared foods, as well as a wide selection of plant starts.
• The ‘Whee Market, Cullowhee: year-round, Tuesdays, 3–6 p.m.
• Brasstown’s Farmers Market: Wednesdays, 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
• Haywood’s Historic Farmers Market, Waynesville: Saturdays, 9 a.m.–noon
• Jackson County Farmers Market, Sylva: Wednesdays, 3:30–6:30 p.m. and Saturdays, 9 a.m.–noon
• Locally Grown on the Green, Cashiers: 2021 dates TBD, Wednesdays, 3–6 p.m.
• Swain County Farmers Market, Bryson City: Fridays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Franklin Farmers Tailgate Market: year-round, Saturdays, 8 a.m. to noon
• Murphy Farmers Market: Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Many COVID-19 precautions, including social distancing, limiting the number of shoppers, and mask requirements, are still in effect. Check individual market websites and signage for details and updates.
SNAP/EBT is accepted by many farmers markets in the region. In addition, some markets also offer SNAP incentives, such as Double SNAP.