Cold Mountain Winter Ale season kicks off with a flurry of festivities from Nov. 6 -14 at Highland Brewing, Asheville. Friday, Nov. 6 - Sunday, Nov. 8 will have ticketed celebration sessions from noon - 4 p.m. for families and 6-10 p.m. for the +21 crowd. Each session includes exclusive cask tappings, live music, and special draft beer releases.
Guests must buy a ticket to gain access to the property on the first weekend of Cold Mountain celebrations, as the Highland property will be operating at a reduced guest capacity.
Pre-order allotments now
Daily allotments of two pre-made packaged beer options, Holiday Packs and Cheer Packs, will be available only by pre-order online. Additional allotments of packaged beer will be available for onsite purchase each day.
Highland Brewing’s Cold Mountain Winter Ale season kicks off with a ticketed weekend of events Friday, Nov. 6, to Sunday, Nov. 8. Tickets will be available for purchase online beginning at noon, Monday, Oct. 12.
Holiday and Cheer Packs Nov. 9-14
Daily allotments of Holiday and Cheer Packs are available to pre-order online for pickup on a designated day between Nov. 9 - 14. These pre-made packs are the only way to purchase packaged Imperial Cold Mountain and the blue 1-liter bottles of Cold Mountain.
• Holiday Pack ($124 + tax) includes Cold Mountain (one 1-liter bottle, two 22oz bottles, case of four 6-pack bottles), Coconut Cold Mountain (one 4-pack of 16oz cans), Imperial Cold Mountain (one 4-pack of 16oz cans). Limit 1 pack per person.
• Cheer Pack ($61 + tax) includes Cold Mountain (three 22oz bottles), Coconut Cold Mountain (one 4-pack of 16oz cans), Imperial Cold Mountain (one 4-pack of 16oz cans). Limit 1 pack per person.
To pre order Holiday Packs and Cheer Packs, visit: https://highlandbrewing.simpletix.com/e/59552.
Visiting the brewery Nov. 9-14
The festivities continue through Nov. 14. Access passes will not be required to visit Highland Brewing on or after Monday, Nov. 9.
The taproom and Meadow will be open Monday – Thursday 3 -9 p.m., Friday noon -10 p.m. and Saturday noon -10 p.m.
Please note, the taproom is open for guests 21+ only. Families with children are welcome in the Meadow in the bier garden festival tent. All guests must be seated at a table. Standing room will not be available and guests will not be able to bring their own chairs during Cold Mountain week. Each venue is open with limited capacity, so folks may have to wait for a table in certain spaces at peak times.
Packaged beer at the brewery
In addition to the pre-ordered packs, limited quantities of the following will be available for purchase:
• Cold Mountain 6-pack bottles ($13 + tax) — Limit 4 per person (1 case).
• Coconut Cold Mountain 4-pack of 16 oz. cans ($20 + tax) — Limit 2 per person.
• Cold Mountain Gift Bag ($28 + tax) – (1) 22 oz. bottle of Cold Mountain, a limited-edition Spicewalla Cold Mountain spice blend, and cookie-cutter all wrapped up with a bow. Unlimited while supplies last.
All Cold Mountain package types will be limited to daily allotments in order to spread the love and the beer options available for sale at the brewery throughout the 9-day celebration period.
Curbside pickup of Cold Mountain pre-orders will be available starting Monday, Nov. 9. Pre-orders for opening weekend must be picked up by hand in a designated pick up area.
Tickets required for release weekend Nov. 6- 8
To visit the brewery for the Cold Mountain Release weekend, people must purchase a $10 access pass. The access pass will guarantee entry to Highland Brewing property on each person’s designated day and session time.
All guests must be seated at a table during Cold Mountain. Enjoy the taproom, the bier garden festival tent in the Meadow or the ski lodge-themed Event Center. Each venue is open with limited capacity, so folks may have to wait for a table in certain spaces at peak times.
• Noon – 4 p.m. Celebration Session: $10 per person. Children 5 and under free. Children must remain with their parents at all times and seated at their designated tables. The access pass does not include beer.
• 6 - 10 p.m. Celebration Session: $10 per person. Limited to guests 21+ only, no exceptions. The access pass does not include beer.
When purchasing the access pass, guests will also have the option to pre-order a Holiday Pack or Cheer Pack. Allotments of Cold Mountain Holiday and Cheer Packs will sell out before access passes, but there will be plenty of Cold Mountain on draft at the brewery as well as smaller packaged beer allotments available for purchase.
For brewery access passes, visit www.coldmountain2020.simpletix.com/e/59310/.
Cold Mountain COVID Restrictions
To keep staff and guests safe and comfortable, Highland Brewing has the following COVID restrictions in place:
All guests must be seated at a table to remove their masks and enjoy their pint.
Tables can accommodate parties of up to six guests.
Standing room is not available. Please do not bring your own chairs.
Masks are required for all guests over 5 years.
You will not be able to enter any of Highland’s spaces without a mask. There are no exceptions. Guests who cannot wear masks for medical reasons should plan to visit Monday, Nov. 9 or later and request curbside pickup for packaged beer.
Credit card transactions only. No cash purchases.
Day Celebration Sessions are family-friendly, children over 6 require an access pass. Children must remain seated with their parents.
Well-behaved pets on a leash are allowed and must remain with the owner at all times.
Cheers to the holiday season.
Highland Brewing is at 12 Old Charlotte Hwy., Asheville. Visit www.highlandbrewing.com.