Area coffee shops and cafés will host the 6th Annual Java for Justice event on Friday, April 21, raising money and awareness for local nonprofit law firm Pisgah Legal Services (PLS).
Proceeds from the fundraiser will support Pisgah Legal’s work to provide free civil legal aid to help low-income Western North Carolinians by preventing homelessness, stopping domestic violence and child abuse, and securing health care.
Nearby participating coffee shops include:
- City Bakery, 60 Biltmore Ave. and 88 Charlotte St., Asheville
- Bruegger’s Bagels, 671 Merrimon Ave. and 160 Hendersonville Road, Asheville
- OWL Bakery, 295 Haywood Road, Asheville
- Edna’s of Asheville, 870 Merrimon Ave., Asheville
- Jongo Java Coffeehouse, 117 S. Main St., Hendersonville
Tax-deductible gifts can be made at the coffee houses at the Pisgah Legal tables or online anytime at www.pisgahlegal.org.
Radio personalities from Asheville Radio Group stations the Mix 96.5 and 98.1 The River will broadcast live from City Bakery (on Biltmore) and Bruegger’s (on Merrimon Ave). At all locations, Pisgah Legal Services’ ambassadors will be on site to provide information and accept donations.